Our Flower & Gift Shop
Environmental Stewardship and Recycling
Uecker-Witt actively promotes recycling and sustainability throughout our operations. In addition to our recycling of paper, cardboard, plastic, aluminum and glass, we also utilize other avenues to recycle and repurpose items.
- Collect eye glasses for the Lions Club World Vision Program.
- Collection of hearing aids for reuse.
- Removal of Pacemakers before cremation. These are then donated to the local hospital and refurbished for new life in third world locations.
- Offering biodegradable urns for cremation families. These can either be for placement in the earth or for sea burial.
- Uecker-Witt supports organ and tissue donation. We work with a variety of tissue and organ procurement agencies by allowing for their work to take place within our facility.
- Many times, there are multiple floral and plant arrangements that families wish to donate to local hospice homes, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers and churches. We offer the delivery of these items to the location of choice. Often, these arrangements are repurposed by an arts and crafts club into multiple floral displays.
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFL) are used throughout our facility where appropriate.
- A professional medical waste disposal company handles all of our medical waste. Additionally, they dispose of incandescent bulbs ensuring that none of these items make it into the landfill.
- Our crematory, Parkview Cremations and in operation since 1987, manages two retorts for the safe and efficient cremation of human remains. Both operators of the crematory are certified by the Cremation Society of North America (CANA) in the operation and management of the units to ensure maximum efficiency with minimal energy consumption. Both retorts are fueled by Natural Gas (NG).
We are continually looking for ways to improve our operations by recycling and repurposing when able.